Thursday, October 13, 2011

NATURAL RETREAT part II

I recently completed this Orange County, CA living room via email for my client who lives full time in Brazil. The room, which the client requested to be done in a neutral color palette was inspired by the interior styling of Belgian designer Axel Vervoordt.  To create the finished look we layered various textures, focused on architectural elements and blended natural objects with sleek silhouettes.  It's always inspiring to work with clients who have a well defined sense of style and are passionate about the design process.  To see the Before photos click here.




















Photgraphy by Ashlee Raubach.


Our Giveaway ends October 17th!
Be sure to enter here.




5 comments:

Marianne said...

I love it! You did such a great job nailing their style and giving them the livable feel they wanted (as someone who spends time in this space I can vouch for it's comfy-ness)! The beams made an amazing difference to the space.

Mary said...

It's so beautiful Alison and your clients must be thrilled. The casings and beams make a stunning impact and well worth the time, money & effort to have them installed.

I notice the many textures you've used and there is always something in the room that captures my attention. The tripod floor lamp is a favourite of mine.

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

Gorgeous! The window casings made such a difference in the feel of the room. The room is stylish, but also looks so comfortable. Makes me want to move right in!

Meg said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the warm textures and especially the chandy. Well done!

Carrie Bergstrom said...

Alison, this is absolutely stunning! I love the textures and warm tones. You do such beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...