Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mixing things up...

One of my favorite little girls room is in the process of changing into a boys room.  This family is expecting a new baby in October and needs to move bedrooms around.  These girls are moving to another room so two boys can now share this room (lots of juggling going on here).
We love this wall color so much in this room that we are going to try and work with it and make it boy'ish.

Here it is now...




The new room will have the same layout with the two twin beds and some sort of tall chest between them.  We are going to try a tall chest with two large back pillows and see if we can either forgo the headboards or maybe just make a low headboard ourselves. 

The plan...

I found 2 of these pillows at Homegoods and am creating the room around these colors.


The large back pillows will be out of this fabric
Schumacher Sch 65622 Soho Weave - Citron Fabric


This rust colored rug is from West Elm and I am hoping it will work great under the beds.
Detailed View
via

The tall chest and dresser are going to be in a dark espresso and will really change the feel of the room.

I'm excited to watch this room transform.




3 comments:

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

It looks like it is going to be fantastic!

Karen T. said...

Wow! What a great plan you have for the boys' room. Can you tell me where the current upholstered headboards came from? Thanks!

Ameena said...

I love your style...wish you could help me with my master bedroom! If you work in Los Angeles please let me know - would love to chat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...